Monday, August 16, 2010

New Blog Series: "A Year Ago Today: NABOS 2009"

To celebrate the launch of the new website I have planned out a series of blogs documenting where I was and what I was up to "A Year Ago Today".

For approximately 3 weeks last summer I was lucky to be given the opportunity to assist with oceanographic measurements during the 2009 NABOS cruise. During this time internet connection was extremely limited due to our remote location, the Arctic Ocean. I did keep an abbreviated blog for my home institution (the International Arctic Research Center aka IARC), but I decided now would be a great opportunity to expand it!

I hope you will join me on this journey as I look back on 3 of the most exhilarating, scary, and inspiring weeks of my life. I'll take you along with photos, stories, and videos. Feel free to send me messages or questions about life on the icebreaker or polar science in general!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment